I don’t know about you, but I like to start my weekday mornings with a healthy, nutritious, bursting-with-flavour breakfast. But who’s got the time?
We’ve curated the ultimate healthy-but-fast breakfast ideas into one simple list to help you pack some serious nutrition into your morning, boost your energy levels, save time, and have your coworkers drooling…
- Breakfast bruschetta. Make your tomato mixture the night before (chopped tomato + basil) so all you need to do in the morning is season and throw it over toast.
- Overnight oats. You actually cannot go wrong here. Soak your oats overnight to make them super-quick to cook, and gentler on the digestive system.
- Homemade Bircher muesli. See #2. But grate in an apple or a pear and a delicious assortment of nuts and seeds. If you fancy it a little sweeter, add dried fruit, honey or rice malt syrup. Use whatever you’ve got in the pantry, and your breakfast will literally make itself overnight.
- Baked zucchini slice. Make a tray and it will do breakfast for the week.
- Matchanana smoothie. Matcha + banana is the ultimate smoothie combo. Add the rest of your fave ingredients, blitz, and be on your way.
- Boiled egg salad. Prep it all the night before by boiling and peeling eggs, and chopping up your salad veggies (tomato, green leafies, cucumber or your fave combo). Store in the fridge and simply drizzle with olive oil in the morning.
- Smashed avocado and fetta on toast. Don’t let the cafés fool you into thinking this is complicated … just as awesome at home. The mixture of avocado, fetta, lemon juice and olive oil can be pre-made and stored in the fridge. So it’s basically toast.
- Chia pudding. Comes with built-in wobble factor.
- Veg-packed omelette. Make the night before so all you need to do is warm it up in the morning. Omelettes are even better when done in coconut oil!
- Muesli, yoghurt, fruit and nut cups. Grab a glass, layer ingredients like a trifle and get your camera ready.
- Last night’s leftover vegetables, topped with an egg.
- Quinoa fruit salad. Cook quinoa, chop up fruit. Toss together in the morning and drizzle with honey.
- Savoury muffins. Our fave is with almond or hazelnut meal. Just warm and butter.
- Stewed fruit with yoghurt. Gentle stew or poach your fruit and add yoghurt and seeds in the morning.
- Nut butter, banana and chia seeds on toast. Simple yet effective.