We LOVE matcha in our winter warmer recipes. Especially when they are quick, easy and use basic ingredients that you’ll already have in your pantry.
MATCHA GREEN TEA MUG CAKE by Kirbie's Cravings
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp granulated white sugar (add more if you prefer a sweeter dessert)
- 3 tbsp skim milk
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Add all ingredients into an oversized microwave-safe mug.
- Mix with a small whisk until batter is smooth and uniform in color.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Let cake cool for a few minutes and then eat.
MATCHA COCONUT LATTE
- 1/2 to 1 tsp matcha powder (more matcha = stronger flavour)
- 1/2 cup hot water, not boiling
- 1/2 cup warmed coconut milk (light = less rich, full fat = richer)
- Sweetener to taste (optional), such as honey, rice malt syrup or sugar
- In a large mug, gently break up or sift your matcha to get rid of any lumps.
- Add the hot water and whisk briskly until frothy (about 30 seconds).
- Add the coconut milk and whisk to combine.
- Taste and add additional water, coconut milk, and/or sweetener to your liking.
Note: You will always get the best matcha froth using high quality matcha and a chasen (bamboo whisk).
CHOC MATCHA ENERGY BALLS by The Healthy Maven
- 1/2 cup soft, pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp matcha powder + extra for dusting
- 1 tsp unsweetened almond milk
- Add dates and almonds to a food processor and process until they come together into a sticky ball.
- Break up ball and add in cocoa powder, matcha powder and almond milk.
- Process until all ingredients have been combined and form into a large sticky ball again.
- Roll into 10 small balls and dust with more matcha powder.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or longer in freezer.