- We love the calm alertness.
Matcha has been used for hundreds of years by Japanese Zen Buddhist monks and Chinese Daoists as a means to relax and meditate while remaining alert. This higher state of consciousness is due to Matcha containing the amino acid L-Theanine. The modern application of this amazing nutrient can be seen through a calm alertness and an ability to focus over an extended period (goodbye 3:30itis). Which brings me to…
- Our concentration is off the charts.
A side-effect of L-Theanine is the production of dopamine and serotonin. These two chemicals serve to improve memory, enhance mood, and promote better concentration. Don’t believe us? Try it for yourself on a Monday morning and feel the difference.
- It is literally loaded with goodness.
Matcha contains many health-boosting properties. In fact, 1 cup of Matcha contains nutrients equivalent to 10 cups of regular green tea!
Matcha naturally contains:
- 100% pure stone-ground green tea powder - nothing else!
- Antioxidants to combat free radicals in the body
- Catechins, also known as Tannins (a bioflavonoid), to help fight infections and boost metabolism
- Caffeine for improved focus
- Theanine for a sustained boost in brain power
- Chlorophyll for that vibrant green colour and natural detoxification of the body
- Selenium to support cognitive function and a healthy immune system
- Magnesium for energy production and managing stress
- Vitamin C
- We have happier tummies.
For some people, the caffeine in coffee begins with a punch and ends with a crash. Coffee can also create a jittery, nervous energy and wreak havoc on adrenals and digestion.
The caffeine in Matcha binds with Theanine and other phytonutrients (a fancy word for plant nutrients) to make it more stable, thus creating less digestive angst. But you still get the kick! Cheers to our minds and bodies both enjoying the buzz.
- BYO lifestyle… and matcha ticks all the boxes
Paleo? Tick. Vegan? Tick. Gluten-free? Dairy-free? Sugar-free? TICK! Love posting photos of gorgeous, on-trend green lattes? Tick!
Want to try switching from coffee to matcha? Check us out on Instagram for Vibrantea Matcha latte inspiration!