We stumbled across this amazing recipe featured at becomingness and we are totally in love.
Gluten free, dairy free and vegan, these sweet treats are full of nutrients and perfectly refreshing for a hot summer day!
Recipe makes 6 pops
1/2 cup raw pistachio nuts
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup shredded organic coconut
1 frozen banana
1 can of organic coconut cream (placed in the freezer for 3-4 hours)
1 bunch of mint leaves
2 teaspoons of high quality matcha powder
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/4 cup organic maple syrup
1-2 drops of peppermint oil
3 tablespoons of melted extra virgin coconut oil
1 large block (approx. 80g) Loving Earth Dark Chocolate
1/2 cup of raw pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- In a food processor, mill pistachio nuts, cashews and coconut until finely ground. Set aside.
- Place all wet ingredients into the food processor and slowly add the dry ingredients; be sure to keep the blades moving.
- Increase blender speed until you have reached the smoothest and creamiest consistency possible. (The mixture won’t be super-smooth due to the nature of the ingredients; you want to create the smoothest consistency possible without creating heat.)
- Transfer mixture into a small jug; this will enable you to pour easily into the mould.
- Gently pour the mixture into popsicle moulds, allowing space at the top for expansion. Insert paddle-pop stick into each mould.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours (ideally overnight) until set. If your moulds have a stand, be sure to place on a level surface in the freezer.
- To make the chocolate topping, finely chop pistachios until desired consistency is achieved; chunky bits look great on the finished product!
- Place a small stainless steel mixing bowl over a pot of boiling water on a stovetop.
- Breaking the Loving Earth chocolate into squares, begin slowly melting the chocolate ensuring you continue to mix the chocolate so that it does not burn. When chocolate has melted remove bowl from the heat and transfer melted chocolate into a small jug.
- Remove the popsicles one-by-one from the moulds by placing under warm water for 2 seconds, the mould should remove easily.
- Gradually pour chocolate mixture over the popsicle working quickly to sprinkle with pistachios before the chocolate starts to harden from the cold. Place popsicle gently into the stand.
- Repeat this step for each popsicle.
- Transfer moulds in stand to the freezer and freeze for 10 mins before ready to eat.
Suggestion: These popsicles are quite filling as they are dense with nutty goodness; an alternative to using popsicle moulds is to use an ice-cube tray instead. This will give you even more yummy bite-sized treats! You can create simple cubes or insert a full or half paddle-pop stick if you like.
Thank you Vanessa for the wonderful idea!
Image Source: becomingness.