It is officially spring! Time to get your life in order after a long, chilly Melbourne winter.
Rather than detoxing from a packet, we prefer to dive into our spring detox with these real life, real simple, real affordable tips:
- Tackle your pantry; remove anything dodgy or past its expiry date.
- Refresh your wardrobe; clean up, clear out, and get a kick out of donating your old stuff to charity.
- Get moving! Start an exercise regime if you aren’t currently active. Morning walks and stretches are the perfect place to start.
- Embrace fiber in your diet; a daily dose of chia seeds, ground linseeds, and flaxseeds are excellent choices, and easy to sprinkle on everything!
- Spend time in nature; get outside into the fresh air and surround yourself with greenery – watch how much more relaxed it will make you feel.
- Learn to meditate; detox your mind and get your stress under control.
- Focus on hydration and sleep (these two are strongly linked); drinks loads of water and get yourself to bed earlier to feel super refreshed each morning.
- Try Yoga or Pilates; get some twisting poses into your routine for optimal circulation and digestion.
- Spice it up; get friendly with powerful spices like turmeric, cinnamon and cardamom. Why not try some spices and herbs you’ve never used before!
- Swap your coffee addition for green tea… or even better, Vibrantea Matcha green tea powder.
- Go nuts; nuts are packed with amino acids and protein, have no sugar and are satiating, which makes them a perfect healthy snack.
- Stay connected; get in touch with a family member or reach out to an old friend and reap the positive health benefits of social connectedness.